SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENTS TO BOOST QUALITY & MEMBERS EXPERIENCE
St. Margaret’s Golf & Country Club, located in North Co. Dublin, announces it will invest €1m in the club over the next five years. The investment is set to enhance the quality and standards across all areas of the golf club including significant changes and improvements both on and off course. In addition, the return of a joining fee will increase membership value for its loyal members.
Since its inception in 1992, St. Margaret’s Golf & Country Club has played host to many high-profile events including the Ladies Irish Open, the Senior Irish Open and the Irish PGA Championship. Steeped in history, the club has long been associated with quality. Built by world-class golf course designers Pat Ruddy and Tom Craddock, the course design and conditioning is second to none.
Under the management of Synergy Golf, the club’s motto has been to always improve and over the past six years this has been evident with the clubhouse and golf course all undergoing significant makeovers. Since the end of 2014, over €1.2m has been invested leading to improvements in every aspect of the facility. Now a further €1m is planned over the next five years with the club outlining its ambitious plans to continue its pursuit of excellence to members last week. Quality always awaits members and guests at the club, but these enhancements take it a further step forward to its overall goals.
“At St. Margaret’s, we pride ourselves on offering quality and consistency to our members and their guests. Year after year we continue to improve our facilities on and off the golf course. As we enter 2021, we renew our focus, and we are delighted to announce significant investment in the golf club over the next few years. Throughout next year the evolution and refinement of our membership experience will become very evident to all our members and they can look forward to significant improvements on and off course, some of which have already been completed. The coming years are set to be very exciting for the members of St. Margaret’s, we have major plans in the pipeline and the re-introduction of the club’s joining fee outlines the true value on offer at our fantastic golf club. Members are already embracing these exciting announcements and the visual changes around the golf club. They are excited to enter this new chapter and create their own piece of St. Margaret’s history.” Says Andy Kenny, Director of Synergy Golf and General Manager, St. Margaret’s Golf & Country Club.
Over the winter months and into the future, the suite of improvements and benefits members can look forward to includes:
• Membership will close upon reaching capacity meaning greater exclusivity for existing members – extended member times, introductory offers for family and friends, high profile series competitions, and much more…
• €250K + will be invested on-course to create the best possible playing conditions for members including lake dredging and general appearance upgrades of built features.
• €600K+ will be invested in golf machinery, leading to increased quality of presentation and better all-round experience for members. Newer machines will give rise to better finishes and reduced service costs.
• €150K+ in the continued upgrade of the clubhouse including improvements to our environmental sustainability, locker rooms, outdoor dining area, building exterior and upgrades to the driving range, kitchen and IT requirements.
• In 2017 the club launched a new dining experience through Lír Restaurant. Once government restrictions allow, there is intent to enhance the member’s experience of this area and provide access to private dining rooms with ease of social distancing and private service for families, business and more.St. Margaret’s Golf & Country Club will introduce a joining fee of €2,000 for new members. This will come into effect from 14th February 2021.
Currently open for new memberships. Call the membership team on 01-8640400